After a long silence I am blogging regularly for almost past 2 months now. Btw, I use “eXtreme Tracking” to track the traffic into my blog. When I check the summary of those results I am really happy to know that in the past 231 days I have got 6711 unique visitors. Out of which last month I have attracted 1362 unique visitors and this month (as of today 7 PM) there are 1733 unique visitors. I think this to be a good count. I want to reiterate that out of 231 days I have seriously blogged for couple of months only.
Ok with that information, I want to talk about the problem in hand. Only recently I started thinking “dude, you are getting decent amount of readers on a daily basis. But then you aren’t getting much feedback from them. What’s the problem?”
Just because I am not getting decent amount of feedbacks does it mean my blog isn’t informative? I really don’t know but I know that, normally people are reluctant to post their views as comments on site for various reasons.
In my view, some of the reasons why people aren’t commenting on my blog (as much as I would expect) are as follows:
- Readers might be afraid of posting their views as they are paranoid of being teased by others (if at all their feedback is totally wrong!!).
- Most of my blogs are technical (!!) and so some of them aren’t interested in commenting on it [I take it positively that those guys learn something from my site]
- My blog posts are majorly techie and so only a circle of people might be interested in reading. If at all I start writing on topics which are of major interest to the general readers (for ex: talk about Rajinikanth’s new movie Sivaji , talk about Tamil Nadu elections 2006, talk about the social services which I do etc.,) might be then they would open up.
- There might be people who accidently get into my blog via Google or any other search engine.
- I don’t have any real “groups / fans” who read my blog regularly. [There is a high possibility that people comment based on face value].
- I might be talking on a subject which people already know.
Anyway lemme hope that people would comment at least for this post.
Glad to share this with you …
Now, I want to share with you all an incident which happened approximately 6 months back. There is a friend of mine by name “Jayaprakash” (JP) who was my MCA classmate. He works for Sella Synergy. I lost contact with him some 3 to 4 years back. All of a sudden, I got a mail from him asking me to call his mobile once I saw his mail. It was a pleasant surprise and I immediately called him up. After chit-chatting for few minutes he insisted me to come to his office right away. Though I said, I was bit busy!! He was too particular on me dropping into his office that evening itself.
I went to his office (which happens to be just few buildings away from my office!) around 5 or 6 PM in the evening. He introduced me to his team mates (I guess approx 4 o 5 guys) and said “They are all your fans”. Phew I was really taken back.
Till that time, I was thinking who is going to read my blog I wasn’t able to speak much with those chaps so just did a formal handshake and chatted for few minutes. Later JP told me that, one of his team mates was reading my blog (which has my snap on the right side). When JP saw my photo he has enquired about what they are doing blah blah. Those chaps have told him that we used to read Vadivel’s blog regularly etc.,
I came back to my office and told my friends that “I am really happy today because I came to know that I was helpful / useful for few chaps atleast”
Why did I write about this now? Just to console myself saying, even those chaps didn’t comment on any of my posts but didn’t they say it was useful LOL.
On the similar lines, I am happy to know that I was instrumental in making Santhi and Varalakshmi enter into the world of blogging. Having your blog listed in others Blogroll is a very nice feeling. Though I have got into very few blogrolls I am very happy and thankful to them. To my knowledge, Logu, Sriram, Thothari, Santhi, Prathiba, Varalakhsmi, Deepak, Vignesh have all blogrolled me. Let me work hard to get into few more blogrolls :) Apart from blogrolls my posts have been referred by various people in their blogs at various time [I am not going to list it .. bcoz i don't have a complete list myself :) ]
Ok let me stop whining. If at all you are also having similar issue then you might want to check “10 tips for attracting more comments”.
[This is my 2nd post made via beta 2 version of Microsoft Word 2007]Technorati tags: General