I was going through the "Top 20 things Programmers says to Testers!". Its really funny and brought back lot of memories.
Out of the 20, i need to admit I use these excuses very often :)
18. "It worked yesterday!"
12. "You must have a wrong version"
1. "It works on my machine"
The other excuses which I use or heard people using it are:
1. The issue isn't reproducable.
2. It's designed to work that way!
3. You know we have done it as a value add ourself! there is no spec for this.
4. It's been fixed long time back. May be you are looking into a wrong version!
5. You know its not because of our layer! It's an error in the "Service Layer" which another team needs to look at.
6. I don't think its a show stopper. How about fixing it in the next release?
Do you have a say on this?