Skip to main content

Enhancements to Panel control in ASP.NET 2.0

As we know Panel Server control is a container control which can contain other controls within it and help us in laying out the page neatly. There are few interesting enhancements made to this control and the properties or attributes added are as follows:

Scrollbars :: Auto, Both, Horizontal, None and Vertical
Directions :: LeftToRight, NotSet, RightToLeft
Wrap :: True and False
HorizontalAlign :: NotSet, Center, Justify, Left and Right

I wrote a basic code snippet using "Scrollbars" and "Directions" attribute. I have just added that panel code alone here for those who would be interested in knowing the syntax!!

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Width="100px" Height="100px" ScrollBars="auto" Direction="rightToLeft">
Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg Test msg
</asp:Panel>

When I get time I would write about other enhancements/addition made in ASP.NET 2.0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Wedding Anniversary :)

Six years back on the same day I married Sai Lakshmi (12-July-2000). I know Sai for almost 13 years now :) I fell in love with her during my 12th standard. I know @ 17 yrs any person wouldn't be matured enough to make a big decision like this. But thank God my choice was perfect :) Even now, very often we used to think about the past and laugh at our behaviors/actions then. My love story would be really interesting (at least for me and Sai :)) and I am sure none of you guys would be interested in reading about it so lemme not get into it in-depth. But one thing which I want to share is "Without Sai, I wouldn't have entered into the IT field at all". She was instrumental in convincing me to study my Master's degree in Computer Application. That's the move that changed my career. Till my schooling, my dream was to either become a "big" sportsman (Cricket and Badminton were my favorites at that time.) or an Aeronautics engineer. Unfortunately, my l...

What should one look @ while buying a land in chennai?

Offlate people have started thinking about investing their money in lands. I too think that to be a wise decision only! As most of us know buying a land in chennai (for that matter any where in the world) isn't an easy affair. I was just wondering what all one needs to look at before deciding to purchase a land. I thought I would put down what ever I know about this subject here. [Guys pls free to correct me if I my understanding is wrong somewhere. That way, it would help me understand as well as others who might read this in future]. Here we go ... 1. One should not buy farm lands if they want to build a residential house sometime later there. Because to my knowledge its illegal to build residential houses on lands meant for irrigation. 2. Encumberance Certificate -- This is what is shortly refered as "EC". One needs to get an EC from local sub registrar office (i guess we need pay a small amount for this). From this we / our lawyers :) can find out whether the guy who ...

Tips for attracting more comments …

After a long silence I am blogging regularly for almost past 2 months now. Btw, I use “ eXtreme Tracking ” to track the traffic into my blog. When I check the summary of those results I am really happy to know that in the past 231 days I have got 6711 unique visitors . Out of which last month I have attracted 1362 unique visitors and this month (as of today 7 PM) there are 1733 unique visitors. I think this to be a good count. I want to reiterate that out of 231 days I have seriously blogged for couple of months only. Ok with that information, I want to talk about the problem in hand. Only recently I started thinking “dude, you are getting decent amount of readers on a daily basis. But then you aren’t getting much feedback from them. What’s the problem?” Just because I am not getting decent amount of feedbacks does it mean my blog isn’t informative? I really don’t know but I know that, normally people are reluctant to post their views as comments on site for various reasons. In my vie...